Yesterday, was my 20th birthday. So far, being twenty is not what I thought it would be. In fact, every year I still feel the same; I feel like a kid. I think the only thing that has been consistent is even though I gain more wisdom, I continue to realize how unwise I am and realize all the things I’m clueless about. But I think that’s part of growing up, learning wisdom while realizing how much you still have to gain.
Yet, in this, I thought it would be fun to share the 20 things I have learned thus far in my life. Enjoy!
1. Process every emotion you feel
2. You can’t be a leader if you aren’t willing to learn
3. Bring people along on your journey
4. We often forget about the crazy love that God has for us
5. You can only control your emotions, not how others will feel or react to things
6. When God looks at you He doesn’t see anything wrong with you, you were made perfectly by Him
7. You have to trust yourself before you can trust others
8. Even on your worst day, you are still loved and given grace by God
9. God is encountered in the ordinary parts of life
10. People never feel more loved than when you are fully intentional and present with them
11. You don’t have to fake how you’re feeling with God
12. God just wants to spend time with you, even if it’s doing nothing
13. You aren’t strong enough to mess up God’s plans for your life
14. God’s love for you isn’t based on your obedience, but on His obsession with you
15. God doesn’t want to fix you but wants to help you walk in freedom
16. Learn to have peace when everything around you is a mess
17. You glorify God by simply living as yourself
18. Sometimes the best thing to do is just sit and listen
19. God’s gifts and calling are irrevocable
20. You don’t have to find your calling, you’re already living it
Thanks for reading and going ont his crazy journey of life with me! Maybe you learned something or maybe not; regardless, this list still wrecks me everytime I read it. Here’s to twenty!